Friday 2 October 2009

" How come everything I think I need...



... always come with batteries? "


A line off the John Mayer album I bought in Melbourne, which is strangely reflective of what I thought of the trip. I remember weighing the opportunity cost of going there for a break: a new laptop and other pointless stuff that could be bought with the RM4k ++.


In the end, I am really glad I went through with it. It was such great fun; a very welcomed break from the routine of the past few months. All the lovely places and the food, gosh the food (Cafe Vue grilled burger, Rose Garden Chinese, Miss Marples' scones, Boost Juice, Squire's Loft's awesome steak etc etc).


Of course, it wouldn't be nearly half as fun without the company.


In particular, (alphabetical order):


Alex for the couch, sweet, sweet, couch, and pretty much everything else that made the trip fun.


Chee Weng for the promise of awesome barbeque but ending up with the still quite okay Oriental Spoon equivalent. Came through with the steak dinner though, great stuff.


Daniel for recommending Cafe Vue, fucking awesome, top 3 meals I had there.


Jacey (sp?) for driving and Claypot King, and her boyfriend Leon for the humbling experience.


Jack for drunken Flight Control and Doodle Jump mastery.


Joseph and Ka Faii for PES 2v2 lessons.


Susan for the lunch.


Trisha, Seow Yen and Seow Mun for the new language and the countless laughter (both with and at me) throughout.



And all the hi-bye people I met whilst there..




Pfft, and now, back to bloody work. Yawnnn, fucking brilliant....




No comments: