Tuesday 6 October 2009

Just got out of a time warp...


Well, sort of. I was taking a break from reading the journal articles just now and brilliantly decided to rest by doing MORE reading. Blogs, that is.



I used to have a friendster blog and I forgot all about it until just now when I decided to read everything again right from the very first post.



Fuck me, the things I wrote back then. Some made me laugh, most made me cringe but it was all great fun. Still though, what the hell was I thinking with some of those posts? And my writing style, gosh, it was horrible to read; ending every sentence with "...." and adding weih and lor and whatever into it. I've no idea why I thought it was alright to type like that back then. Granted, it's just a blog but it looked like some teenager wrot... oh, hang on, never mind...



Writing annoyances aside, reading it was like travelling back in time and during those moments, I really felt like I was living everything all over again from A-levels, when I first started the blog.



A special mention for the girlfriend posts in 2005: they were absolutely cringe-worthy! Damn, I really did like her a lot back then, huh? The fool, I wish I could just post a comment to the "2005 me" to warn him of what lay ahead. And also to tone down on the mushiness: oi, have you no shame?!



Anyway, once I was done, I decided to look for more blogs to read, and so I proceeded to dig up my friends' old blogs. Haha, I could copy and paste snippets of their old blog posts in msn to have a laugh but nah, I'll let them discover it for themselves. It's the whole process of reading everything word for word in chronological order that makes it fun.



Reading a number of the old blogs did make me feel sad in a way though, in that I never realized how distant I grew from some people until I read about the things I supposedly used to do with them. We were that close? Wow, what happened?



And once I was done reading, I needed something like 10 seconds to readjust to the present; entering a sort of mini reflective phase where I realize how long it has been already since ____ etc etc.



It's this whole "looking back" experience that made me glad I did decide to blog all those years ago, even if updates became more and more sparse. I could sort of see how much I've grown and learnt, besides being able to snigger at some of the posts.



Hehehe, CM, you hilarious/sad/naive/lame little bastard. (Yes, I do realize this is what the future me would be thinking too when he reads my recent posts next time)





No comments: