Tuesday 9 March 2010

Clamshell Packaging..


I hate these things with a passion. Sure, they help the retailers from having their small, expensive items shoplifted but they’re a bitch to open! A pair of scissors is a must as you can’t rip them open with your bare hands. (huge props if you can, though)

Reason for the sudden outburst: I just cut my finger from the sharp edges while opening one. It’s no big deal at all but it’s the tipping point from all the frustration borne from opening these little bastards over the years. Why can’t they just put it in a nice little cardboard box for you to open up elegantly?

Pffft..


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The biggest time-waster in research has to be looking for all the experiment apparatus needed. Take today for instance: wasted a whole day looking for a buchner flask, cork and tube; delaying the filtering process by a day, which in turn, delayed the titration process. I envy the pharmacy lab a lot. They have all the equipment they need and never have to go around scrounging for a lousy beaker or spatula.

Oh right, and one of the stoppers for the flask mysteriously disappeared so I decided to just nick one from the cabinet where the technician took it from earlier to pass to me. So I was rummaging through the cabinet when Yi Jing, one of my colleagues crept up (well, either she crept up or she has a really silent walk) and jokingly asked: “Oi, stealing stuff ar?” There really isn’t a more sinking feeling than being caught in the act but of course, I played it off as cool as I can with a “Haha, no la, yeahh…” before switching topics. Smooth..

Speaking of buchner flasks, the one that was usually connected to the vacuum pump was missing the other day. Ee Von who was there at the time, offered to borrow me one of hers after seeing how lost I was (presumably).

So anyway, there’s this sort of stopper that I needed to seal the flask with and she wanted to ask what size it was. She asked, very elegantly, thus:

EV: “How big is your cork?”

CM: “Well, it’s… *pause* You know what, that sounded really wrong..”

EV: “ *pause* *laughs* Yeah, it does! "



Apparently, only “dirty-minded” people will think of that. Hmm..

A couple of days later, I was guilty of another accidental sexual euphemism. I wanted to ask Seow Yen, the bane of my existence when it comes to iPhone gaming (Clue: She always has a higher score. Always.), if she’s tried this game that was similar to Bejeweled. I asked, quite unassumingly, thus:


CM: “So have you played Trism before?”

Yen: “…….”

CM: (/facepalm)


Yeah, reaal classy…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I wanted to end this post with a cryptic rant initially but strangely, I don’t feel like it anymore. Hmm, wonder what happened during the 5 minutes I took to cobble this toge… oh wait, nope, it’s still there.

I wish people would stop insulting my intelligence sometimes. It’s very annoying. There, how’s that for cryptic?



No comments: