Saturday 13 March 2010

The Best Laid Plans..

.

What an awesome Saturday.


Gavin's staying over in KL for the weekend instead of going back to Melaka like he usually does so I joined him and Edwin for dim sum breakfast at this new place I haven't tried. Food's pretty good but I still think Damansara Jaya's a tad better.


Futsal was cancelled unfortunately, but Nick texted asking about poker with some new friends at some unknown place. Semi-serious apparently, RM20 buy-in with RM1/RM2 blinds, an order of magnitude higher than what we usually play with. It would be fun to play with some serious players for a change, I thought, so I agreed to go.


About around 2.30pm though, I got a surprise phone call from Grace, who was back from the US but was going to leave on Wednesday. She said she was meeting Kenneth at Uptown Pappa Rich and asked if I wanted to join. I haven't seen her in ages and there was so much to catch up on so even though it was such short notice, I texted Nick saying I would be late for poker and headed over to Uptown for a bit.


After the catch-up session, I went over for poker, won (or lost, I dunno) a bit and all in all, had a pretty decent Saturday afternoon....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Except I DIDN'T do any of the above! Had to say no because I had to go back to the campus to finish up on some lab work and when Grace called, I was already 5 minutes away from the campus so yeah, that was that.


What an awesome Saturday. Pffft...




.

No comments: