Thursday 22 February 2007

Dude, where's my carb?

I find myself asking all the time ,"How in the world do you get fat?!" I look on in jealousy all the time as people come back from their studying stint overseas for the summer looking all bloated and sporting double chins. A double chin! Wow! That's like the holy grail of all aspiring weight-gainers..



It sucks to be thin and don't tell me it has to do with my diet because I eat more th
an you can imagine. I love food, I don't go to bed without munching down a chocolate bar (or 2) and devouring a bag of chips. I eat the regular 3 meals a day and a lot of snacks in between, but it never works, the damn needle on the weighing scale just won't go up.... and I am getting desperate!



It's hard to look good in clothes when you're lanky. Heck, it's hard to look good when you're lanky. Thank God I have a respectable height (about 5 feet 11) so being picked on at high school wasn't a problem at all for me (at least not after Form 2) but I digress. I didn't even realize how bad it was until I stumbled upon this photo at the Further Maths blog.



















Let's ignore the fact that I got suckered into making a tackle and got beaten 1v1 and check out those arms. Holy shit, if those arms were any thinner, they'd snap under their own weight! By the way, I am not anorexic, that would be the furthest thing from the truth. Anorexics stick their fingers into their throats after every meal. I, on the other hand, well, I eat. A lot.



It's so distressing. To eat and eat all those desserts and chocs and extra helpings and still not gain any weight. I am at a point where calling me fat is actually a compliment! Anyway, I've been doing push-ups everyday in a feeble attempt to build some muscles, stopping short of going to the gym. I believe that there has to be a way to exercise without having to spend 100 pounds on a sports complex membership. I am proud to say that I can easily do 100 push-ups a day now: 20 in the morning, 20 before lunch, 20 in the afternoon.......



Results can be frustrating. I was at 62kg and was pretty pleased when I built myself up to 65kg after about 3 months, but
God has to be taking the piss outta me, because I swear I dropped back down to 62kg when I weighed myself again 3 days later!!



That's right, it has come to this. I am putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of the Almighty himself, God. I am pretty convinced He put the Mary Kate Olsen curse on me. No, I refuse to blame the zero error on the weighing scale for the 3kg loss. It's God's fault.



Oh by the way, don't get the w
rong idea. I don't eat for the sole purpose of gaining weight. I am a food lover. It's just that the supposed "downside" of eating too much isn't happening to me and it's not fair! Here's a rough idea of what I munch on at night. I don't have to tell you what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner in halls because it's the same: some variation of potatoes and meat pies and if you're really lucky, there will be rice with curry. No extra servings, not even if you pull an Oliver Twist.




















Packed sandwiches. These are awesome, with my favorite being the prawn sandwiches. Please, no lame jibes about a United fan eating prawn sandwiches. Plus, it's bread and what better bonus is there for eating your favorite ham and egg sandwich than knowing that you're practicing the Anti-Atkins diet.



















Sainsbury's chocolate chips cookies. Those cookies are loaded with chocolate chips. Honest. Half of a Sainsbury's cookie can put 2 Chipsmore cookies to shame. They're definitely not as good as Famous Amos but at 39p for a tube, I am not complaining.



















Here's a look at my stash. Snack sized Chocolate Bars, Jaffa Cakes, Chocolate Digestives, Cadbury's Cake Bars, Snickers, Mars and Flapjacks. Not a lot, but you can't stock up a lot in the UK. Snacks here are expensive. I mean, can you look at the photo and tell me that that's worth RM70? I thought not.



















Nissin noodles. Not quite healthy but they do the trick when you're hungry and cold at night (the bastards turn off the heaters after midnight).



So there, I do not concern myself a lot about weight, or lack of, these days. Apparently, it could have to do with my family genes as well. I saw photos of my dad when he was about my age, and he was like a stick insect but look at him now, folks exercise by jogging around him!



In the meantime, it would be great if someone can spare some tips on how I can actually gain weight without doing a reverse liposuction. Snickers for your thoughts?



No comments: