Friday 6 May 2011

Champions League Final


So Manchester United, my second team in England after Nottingham Forest, has reached the Champions League final. Strangely though, I’m completely non-fussed about it. I think it’s because I know that there’s absolutely no way this team would beat Barcelona.



Also, I’d be delighted if United did the league/European cup double but not ecstatic like I was in 2007/2008. I no longer have the urge to wear or buy Man United replica kits like I did. In fact, I find the practice kinda tacky these days. Opposition wind-ups no longer bother me. So that’s it, the transformation’s complete. I was so hardcore and into the culture of supporting Manchester United that I actually convinced myself that I’m nothing but a foreign plastic.



Good thing then: those jerseys + numberings really were quite expensive.


No comments: