Sunday 4 January 2009

I Have Always Hated..


.. chemistry with a passion. It stemmed from my disinterest of the subject during my SPM days and the disgust grew throughout the years as I forgot whatever good that it offered then and only the bad memories remained. The subject comes third on my list of things I despise behind self-given English names and fat pork in Bak Kut Teh.


I made it a point to not take Chemistry during A-levels and did not regret my decision one bit as I watched my friends toil through the lab sessions and open book exams. During my undergraduate years, I was absolutely horrified to find some chemistry-esque chapters in Thermodynamics. Only 3 months ago, just the very thought of the table of elements nauseates me.


Just as well then that at this very moment, I'm sitting here typing this with an SPM Chemistry reference book I borrowed off my sister in front of me; about to brush off the cobwebs and shake the rust off my Chem knowledge as I'm doing my PhD on a project that involves the study of homogeneous reactions under the effect of ultrasound waves. In a word, sonochemistry.


And, wait for it, I think I'm actually starting to like this shit.



You win, Universe, you win...

No comments: